Under different lighting conditions, hessonite effectively changes its shade. Its usual color is cinnamon. Yellow-orange gem in the morning, in the evening the rays of the setting sun make the stone chocolate.
Hessonite is the most fragile type of garnet. In nature, there are stones of almost any shade with the exception of blue. However, among jewelers, a caramel gem is considered a special value. After processing, the mineral becomes transparent.
Several varieties of hessonite are known:
- Ceylon or Oriental hyacinth outwardly resembles a reddish-brown subspecies of zircon. False hyacinth is similar to both minerals.
- Yellow stones were previously called olitolites.
- Kolofognit is an outdated name, practically out of use.
- Zinnathon stone has a warm shade. It resembles cinnamon in color.
Semiprecious mineral has healing ferromagnetic properties. It is recommended to wear it on areas of the body that need treatment. So, pendants and necklaces will improve the condition of the respiratory tract, help with angina, bronchitis.
- A ring with yellow hessonite set in silver, worn on the ring finger, will cope with gastrointestinal diseases.
- Bracelets have a positive effect on the condition of the skin, relieve allergies.
- Wearing a brooch improves asthma.
It is believed that an untreated crystal, lying in a prominent place in the house, strengthens the immune system. Endow the stone with magical properties. It promotes the disclosure of talents, removes stress, relieves of troubles and negative emotions, and helps understanding in the family.
Features of the
The mineral relieves aggression and helps to hear others. Therefore, it is recommended for aggressive and irritable people. The gem enhances communication skills, therefore it is indicated for those who have difficulty finding friends.
According to legend, Hessonite "loves to listen" to stories. After stories, he positively affects the owner, improving his emotional state. However, if the owner forgets about the talisman, the stone is offended and stops helping.
A fragile variety of pomegranate is used to make jewelry. Uncut mineral serves as an amulet. Esotericists advise to choose accessories without sharp corners. This is important from an energetic point of view. The presence of cracks or chips deprives the stone of its useful properties. You cannot use such a gem.
Hessonite will not tolerate precious or semiprecious neighbors. But he suits all representatives of the zodiac signs. Different, sometimes opposite, energetics of crystals can harm the owner. Store the gem separately from other jewelry, in a bag to protect it from chips and cracks.
In order for the gem to retain its spectacular appearance, you need to clean it in warm soapy water using a soft-bristled brush. After completing the procedure, the jewelry is wiped dry and left to dry naturally.
Cleaning with abrasive products is prohibited: the risk of damage to the polished surface is too high. A fragile crystal should not be dropped on the floor; it is advisable to remove the jewelry before starting any work.
To get rid of negative energy, place the mineral under running water and leave it under the stream for several minutes. In order for the talisman with hessonite to increase its strength, they put it on the windowsill on the full moon for the whole night.
An affordable and inexpensive crystal is often counterfeited. Usually imitation is made of glass. There are several recommendations on how to distinguish natural gems from a fake:
- If air bubbles are visible when viewed through a magnifying glass, the hessonite is not real.
- The natural mineral stays cool for a long time without heating up. The fake heats up quickly in the hand.
- If you run a needle over a natural crystal, there will be no trace left on it.