A passport of a citizen of the Russian Federation is a fundamental document proving the identity of a person living in the territory of the Russian Federation. A passport is obtained by a citizen who has reached the age of 14 and lives in the territory of the Russian Federation.
Registration and replacement of a passport by the Federal Migration Service at the place of residence, at the place of stay or at the place of citizens' appeal is carried out in accordance with the procedure established by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation.
To obtain a passport, you must come to the passport office, having with you:
1. birth certificate.
2. two clear photographs measuring 35x45mm.
3. a receipt for payment of the state fee.
A citizen must fill out an application in the form No. 1P, bring the necessary documents confirming the citizenship of the person who applied for a passport. It is worth submitting other important documents that are necessary for the mandatory affixing of marks in the passport (birth certificates of children under 14 years old, military ID, etc.).
In accordance with our legislation, the passport of a citizen of the Russian Federation must be replaced when a citizen reaches the age of 20 and 45. To do this, a citizen must submit the following documents to the passport office:
1. Application form No. 1P to replace the passport.
2. Two photographs.
3. Documents that confirm the right to change the passport.
4. Other documents that are required for the mandatory affixing of the appropriate marks in the passport (marriage registration certificate, military ID, divorce certificate, certificates of the presence of children under 14 years of age, etc.).
5. A receipt confirming the payment of the state fee.
Also, our legislation provides for the possibility of issuing a new passport as a result of the loss (theft) of the old one. In this case, it is necessary to provide an application in which the citizen specifies in detail how, where and under what circumstances the passport was lost (stolen), an application in form No. 1P, four photographs of a certain sample and a receipt for payment of the state duty.