On May 1, 2011, a new compulsory health insurance policy (MHI) was issued on the territory of the Russian Federation. But this does not mean at all that you need to urgently exchange your insurance document. The old policies have been extended until January 2014. So everyone will have time to get a new electronic policy.
It is necessary
- 1. Passport (to establish registration).
- 2. Certificate of registration (in the absence of a permanent residence permit).
- 3. Residence permit (for foreigners).
- 4. Birth certificate and a certificate from the house management about the registration of the child (when issuing a policy for the child).
The new medical policy is an electronic carrier in the form of a plastic card with a personal number. It will encrypt the patient's personal data, benefits, prescriptions for medicines, medical history. This policy will essentially be the patient's electronic medical record.
If you work, your employer can issue you a new policy. However, in case of dismissal, the document will have to be submitted to the personnel department and receive the next one on its own.
If you do not work or you need to get / change your child's medical policy, contact the issuing point for compulsory medical insurance policies at your place of residence. To do this, you need to have with you:
- passport (to establish registration);
- certificate of registration (in the absence of a permanent residence permit);
- residence permit (for foreigners);
- a birth certificate and a certificate from the house administration about the registration of the child (when issuing a policy for the child).
Most likely, you will find the compulsory health insurance point in the district clinic. If not, the registry will prompt you for the address of the nearest pick-up location.
The compulsory medical insurance policy, if you have all the necessary documents, will be prepared for you immediately. It is very convenient, and there is no need to come to the pick-up point again.
Having received the compulsory medical insurance policy, you can choose any medical institution, it is not necessary to be attached to the district clinic. According to the new Law "On compulsory health insurance in the Russian Federation" of January 2011, they have no right to refuse you this. You can also choose the doctor you want to undergo treatment and the insurance company that will pay for his services.
When contacting a polyclinic, it is mandatory to have a medical policy with you. Also, bring your identification document with you. Otherwise, you may be refused admission.