A citizen's passport is the main state document that certifies the identity and citizenship of a person. The passport is made in the form of a booklet and contains identification information about the owner: his name, surname, patronymic, date of birth, photo, gender, place of birth and citizenship (name of the country that issued the passport). To cross the state border, you must have a passport, which confirms your identity.
Contact the Federal Migration Service of Russia or the Embassy or Consulate General of the Russian Federation if you are outside of Russia.
Upon reaching the age of 14, apply to the Federal Migration Service of Russia to obtain an internal passport. Write a statement of the established form (the application form will be in the FMS). The application is filled in typewritten or manually. If suddenly a person is not able to write a statement on his own, then an employee of the migration service must do it for him. The application should be accompanied by:
- birth certificate, if you did not find it, then any other document proving your identity;
- two photographs measuring 35x45 mm;
- a document that certifies your belonging to the citizenship of the Russian Federation;
- a receipt for payment of the state duty.
Replace your passport when you are 20 or 45 years old. This requires:
- write a statement to the Federal Migration Service;
- passport to be replaced;
- two photographs measuring 35x45 mm.
Also, be sure to replace your passport under the following circumstances:
- change of name, surname, patronymic, date or place of birth;
- when changing sex;
- the passport is no longer usable due to severe wear or was damaged;
- other valid reasons, which include, for example, loss of a document or its theft.
Also, when submitting an application, you should have with you the documents certifying the reason for replacing the passport.
Obtain a temporary ID that is issued prior to receiving your passport.
To receive a passport, wait no more than 10 days when making an application at the place of registration. Or 2 months if you get your passport at any other department of the FMS. It should be noted that obtaining a passport is a paid service. The cost depends on the place and timing of its registration.